Electromagnetic Door Holders
Reliable Door Control for Emergency Release
MEC electromagnetic door holders are designed for use with self-closing fire and smoke barrier doors. They usually use independently or with any fire or smoke detector system. Typical installations include hospitals, schools, and public buildings. Electromagnetic door holders can also be operated by manual release for safety and convenience.
• Standard voltage AC or DC
• Typical high holding force up t o 80 lbs.
• No residual magnetism
• Swivel/Self-adjustable armature plate
• Flush/Floor/Surface mounted
• Extension rods for increased operational alignment
Patents, Approvals, and Listings
• UL listed: R21907
• NF S 61-937 compliant ( GD840S, GD850F, GD860S)
• BS EN 1155 ( GD640S, GD840S, GD850F, GD860S)
Classification Code: 3, 5, 3, 1, 1, 3.
Standard number: BS EN 1155.
The Electromagnetic Door Holder should not be positioned at such a point where the door can be held open at angles less than 65°.
* No Maintenance Required.
* Power Size (Size 3).
* Fixing Position (Tested at 1,000 mm from Pivot / Hinge).